Tuesday, April 30, 2019

recovery

I had an appointment for a haircut this morning at 10 with marvelous Marla.  I haven't slept the night through for at least a week because of the gut pain.  Imagine my surprise when I woke up at 1130!  Oh my, did my body need that.  Marla understood and said come on in at 2.  Cool.  In the meantime I got an SOS call from a friend who was sick and needed to go home from his sitting job.  I told him I'd be there after the haircut.  I spent a  nice couple of hours on the deck overlooking Lakewood with one of my favorite ladies and the two dogs.  We listened and bird watched and enjoyed the breeze.  It didn't feel like 85 at all.  I heard doors slam and the puppy ears perked up.   Of course, it was their Mama Gay home from a trip.  I thought Huck was going to eat.her.up he was so happy.

I have explored and advised on all things gut health which includes probiotics, oregano oil, bone broth and coconut oil.  It's one of those things you don't consider until your ass gets in a crack, so to speak.  Emotional stress contributes to the problem and I really didn't realize how much I was stifling it.  It's important not to be in a toxic environment and sometimes you don't even realize you're there.  

I have been on some hills and valleys this past year that have convinced me that there's a reason for everything.  I don't push the envelope like I used to....trying to make things happen.  I just show up with a grateful attitude and wait for what's next.  

Namaste ~


1 comment: