Thursday, April 4, 2019

scratching the itch

Well, today's adventure was a visit to urgent care to find my systolic BP is , as usual, out the roof.  O2 was great and weight stable.  Normal temp.  My reason for being there was an outbreak of poison ivy from digging in the dirt too early.  Or maybe the dogs wallered in it got it on me.  Whatever.  She gave me a half dose of Decadron due to the high BP and recommended a product called tecnu which I had never heard of.  It removes the oil from the blisters.  Go figure that one.  I woke up with a new patch this morning so I knew I needed some relief.  I headed to Walgreens during school traffic and picked some up along with a bit of supper from their frozen section.  Hey....I could live in their stores for a year and never go out.  You can also use this stuff to remove skunk smell from your dogs.  I have a feeling it will come in handy around here.  Oddly enough, this is the first time I've had the evil skin rash in years but you can't see the leaves yet dammit!  

The continuing saga of ATT and me includes a scheduled Monday visit from a field tech.  I won't go into the long story but I asked old girl if she had the notes from the last six months in front of her.  Yes. I work from home.  And yes, I'm at the end of the line.  "has it been raining and stormy there?" she asked.  Honey please. We'll see if he shows up on the right day.  Meanwhile, the line hangs above the exposed septic tank with a nifty protective cover thanks to the last field tech's visit.  I know they don't hate me, really.  It's just frustrating.  

I have to admit that I'm an NBC morning junkie.  I love all hours of it and this week has been pretty sad for all involved what with the departure of the great KLG.  I actually cried today as she talked about her late parents and what they taught her.   Jenna has big shoes to fill but you know what?  I think they fit her.  

I will try one more time with the BP med that I was prescribed and see if it does the trick.  If not, I'll have to get back to the doctor for something different.  It's called isolated systolic hypertension.   Exercise will help a lot now that it's "pretty" outside.  

Live, Laugh, Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment