Sunday, April 7, 2019

peace and quiet

I'm listening to Delta Rae and running through the day's blessings.  I started with a double dose of Charles Stanley and Steve Gaines plus reading the scriptures from the FUMC newsletter.  Hey....church is where you find it.

My friends and neighbors double teamed it today to salvage some furniture for me from down the road.  It's on the porch but I can drag it in if need be.  One piece is in excellent condition complete with beveled mirror.  Great big shout out to Keith and Patrick for making it happen.  There's a long story there but I think y'all know the loose history.

The three of us visited in the front yard listening to the quiet and marveling at what a bit of paradise is like to call home.  My birds are happy now that the rain has stopped.  And as fate would have it, there comes "that" song that always reminds me of a particularly painful night.  Before my mother died.  I knew it was coming and my brother stayed with her.  

Y'all be safe out there ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment