Sunday, April 14, 2019

whatever it takes

Morning came dark and rainy and I needed the sleep.  Once I let the dogs out I was able to rest in peace for two more hours waking just in time to watch the service at my church via live stream.  My internet connection is so slow I had to watch it by phone but still, I got the message.  There were palm fronds and kids and lots of Hosanna.  Ed began his message with a story about being at a Christian music festival on the same day as the Columbine shootings.  The shooters asked one particular young lady if she was a Christian to which she replied "yes."  Those were her last words before she was murdered.  Going through her diary after her death these words were found  "Whatever it takes."  

God never promised that things would be easy.  Many times there seems to be no way out.  That his Son knowingly took the cup and died a horrific death for us is the core of Christianity.  The triumphal entry and the events of Holy week lead to betrayal on many levels.  Imagine having one of your own tribe kiss you as a sign that you will die and it makes all the little betrayals in your life meaningless.  There will be struggles.  There will be pain.  Bad things happen to good people.  Yet in the end, God almighty has our backs.  

I'm not a preacher by any means but I feel called to make a difference where I can.  If that means listening to somebody's problems so be it.   Sharing life stories is a powerful tool for healing the soul.  So how do we serve others?

Whatever it takes ^j^

1 comment:

  1. The nice part is, we've read the last book. Satan loses; God wins. Evil does not triumph, death is defeated, darkness flees.

    ReplyDelete