Monday, April 15, 2019

a fact of life

I stopped by the visitation for my friend's mother just to give him a hug, just because.  I have been FB friends with two of his sons forever and finally met them in person.  It's funny how we come together at odd times but funeral services are the norm.  You see everybody and their brother.  As I was leaving I hugged two more necks that I've not seen in awhile, one of which was my cousin/sister.  

Carol and I have lunch about once a week and our usual favorite spot is Los Portales.  Usually it's quiet but today it was packed out with squealing kids.  I love me some leftovers from there.   I later ran into yet another old friend from high school that I didn't even  recognize when he passed by.  His wife asked me "Do you know who that is?"  Lord have mercy y'all.  In the words of Brother Dave Gardner "Ain't life strange?"  

There's this guy who hangs around the chicken store and I onl  y paid attention to him because he chatted me up a week or so ago.  Today, he was parked longwise across two spaces and asked me for a dollar to which I replied no.  "Oh, and nice parking job dude."  He came in, bought a drink and left.  When I stopped to get gas this afternoon he was back, probably waiting for another stooge.  I've been hit up too many times by pan handlers in parking lots.  You wouldn't believe the stories they come up with.  

It's a beautiful day in the 'hood.  And for that and much more, I am thankful.

Always remember who you are ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment