Friday, April 12, 2019

the savage beast

They say that music calms it and I'm a believer.  I love music of all genres and it inspires me to get in touch with my thoughts and feelings.  Plus it makes housework more tolerable.  When I was little we had a record player that got some play with classics like The Platters.   I took piano lessons because I was "urged" to and could probably still play if I had one here.  It's on loan to a lady who plays at church but will come back to me at some point.  I hope it's no time soon because there's no place for anything else up in here.  I've even taken a liking to rap and hip hop in my old age.  I currently listen to a TON of Brandi Carlisle.  I see many more awards in her future.  First Aid Kit.  I love it when I'm introduced to another artist that stirs my soul.  

I made a quick run to town and that's the extent of my travel today.  There are dishes to wash and things that must be done before I can begin "tidying" up.  The spirit moves me in spurts so I know when it's time to get focused and now is it.  I wonder if Adderal would help??   Nah.   My luck I'd have a stroke.

The pollen is thick as dust on every outside surface.  My upper respiratory system can tell it big time.  I'm feeling humble and grateful and even optimistic.  Finding the right path takes a lot of patience and going with your gut.  I'm not sure where I'll end up but I'm a much better listener of the Spirit than I ever was before.  I have great friends and a beautiful daughter who is a stupendous mother to my only grand.  I live on a little patch of paradise that is part farm and part nature preserve.  And I am loved beyond measure.  I call that peace.  And you know what?  Faith is what got me there.

Palm Sunday is approaching and of course I'll be worshiping virtually.  Holy Week after that.  A friend and I had a long discussion about the agony of Good Friday and the importance of grasping what actually happened that day before all the hooray of the resurrection.  You can't have one without the other.  

I am looking to this generation to fix things.  They are smart, bright and ready for change.  I may not see it but it's the shift in motion toward peace and justice that gives me the will to live.  I am totally over all things bullshit and call it when I see it.  That gets me a lot of troll activity but I ignore it.  

Y'all stay faithful and look for the good.  Gratitude is what's up.

No comments:

Post a Comment