Sunday, April 28, 2019

almost back from the dead

Whatever this evil thing is that has had me since 
Wednesday hasn't killed me but it didn't make me much stronger.  I  haven't been that sick and in that much pain in a very long time.  I have no idea what started it only that it was preceded by chills, low grade fever and unbearable abdominal pain.  For three nights I was up and down and up and down again trying to get some relief.  I fully intended to go to my friend Gary's show yesterday evening and when I got home from work I laid down for a couple of hours to see if it would pass.  Umm. No.  I got up, took a shower and was back in bed by six.  He'll never believe me in a thousand years because I bricked last time.  Oh well..we do what we can do.


Sounds like Baby Sussex is close to being here as the world  (besides me) anxiously,  I'm sure NBC Today will be all over it. I'm very proud of a Dyersburg local reporter for publishing a quite factual piece about the passage funding private schools, most of which are faith based.  The money for these vouchers comes from the money allocated to public school systems.  We have one private school locally and there are others scattered around in Jackson and whatnot.  

Here's the thing.  They are almost always formed by churches, which are tax exempt under US law.  Once again, separation of church and state.  I say if you want your kid to go to xyz charter school, you cough it up.  I have seen this happen with several friends in the middle income bracket.  Imagine if there were some things known as Muslim schools or something, you think DeVos would give them a voucher.  I think not.

I'm really pissed about this one because of the last minute delay and meddling that led to the outcome we have.  I mean, do these people think we're not watching?  It's good old boy politics as usual and we can't change it until we call somebody out.  Rachel did just that.  High five to some serious talent.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment