Tuesday, April 16, 2019

expect nothing

If there is one core truth that I have learned in life it is that.  Expectation eventually leads to disappointment so I'd rather just go with the flow and then nothing surprises me.  Well, maybe some things but I digress.  The ability to adapt to change is the key to surviving life and keeping your sanity.  This, I learned the hard way.

I got to visit with my BFF today and she hasn't changed a bit.  We are of similar mind on most everything.  Fortunately I was home in time to watch Kristin Hampton do amazing tricks with bananas in her hot car wearing a Bea Arthur t-shirt.  Check her out.  She's a hot mess in a good way.  

The birds are singing and it's warm and so all seems right in my world.  I watched in horror with everybody else while Notre Dame burned on the first day of Holy Week.  There is a message there I'm sure but umm.  Very sad.  The good news is that lots of the stained glass windows were saved.

There is a red winged blackbird that has claimed the newest baby pecan tree as home.  He or she perches up there even in the wind guarding and protecting me and mine.  I will never in a thousand years catch him in a picture, but he's my daddy telling me to soldier on.  

And I will ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment