Thursday, November 1, 2018

dumbassery

No I'm not talking about Cheeto head this time although he does seem to be working on 2020 during the mid-terms while the rest of us plot how to get ourselves out of this hot mess.  No, I'm speaking of myself.  Some time ago I created a second FB account and like to have never crawled my way back to the one I was using.  There might have been alcohol involved, who knows.  Today I somehow managed to get myself logged into BOTH accounts.  Now I gotta' find a geek to help me to get rid of that other one so I'm not all being two people.  It's all I can do to take care of just one of me.  

I'm equally as bad with the ROKU remote so me and Joy and Pearl ended up watching hours of Adam Sandler.   "He's a good entertainer" she said as Pearl growled at me like I'm the devil.  I lit a candle where I was parked in the kitchen with the laptop and communed with the saints on this, the first day of their season.  My first thought was of my parents, and then Spike and Hazen and Anita and Amy.  Lots of others were there with us in spirit.  We enjoyed Mexican together and hand fed Pearl.  By the time I left she was sitting by me...not close, mind you.  Progress.

Now, back to the orange one.  I understand that he was elected because of the electoral college and Hillary hate.  I totally get that.  At first I thought, give the man a chance.  He has become totally unhinged to the point that our country is in danger of a large amount of civil unrest.  All anybody cares about in that party right now is maintaining control of Congress in spite of the horrors we have going on daily.  He is never on point these days and tells so many lies I'm sure there's a cabinet member designated just to see what he's tweeted and said.  He plays to the audience, the rowdy ones.  And he stirs up anger among his followers.  White supremacy is evil.  No wonder he's being compared to Hitler.  

Today was the last day for early voting and Colbert will be live on election night until it's over.  I suspect if the Dems don't pick up some numbers, he's gonna' lose hope like me.  I don't want a domination by one party.  I want equality across the aisle and some baby step solutions to what is rapidly becoming a dog and pony show.  We are this country.  All races, genders, sexual preferences.  We pay taxes for this bullshit that is the new norm.  It makes me grateful not to be shoveling out hundreds of dollars to them by being a full time corporate employee.  

Gratitude is the key to a peaceful soul.  No matter how bad you have it, it's worse for somebody else.  The universe/God manages to give you what you need right when you need it most.  This week with Joy has been a joy and I am grateful for the shakeup in my routine.  Larry will be back at work next week but I'm glad I got to spend a couple of days sitting on the deck looking at leaves and water.  That revived my spirit and will to keep going.  

Love one another ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment