Monday, November 26, 2018

coma

I woke up around 8 and rolled back over.  Next thing I knew it was 1030.  I reckon I was making up for lost sleep from my overnight stay.  Lauren should be in surgery for her knee by now.  Her sponsor is with her and will be by her side to transition her to recovery.  I'm glad she will be out of pain.  The plans are to do a block before surgery which is what they did with my last shoulder.  That lasts for about 24 hours through the worst of the pain.  Reaves will be with her daddy for a couple of nights because umm....she would hard to handle on crutches.  

Lauren's dressing got cooked yesterday and it was just what I needed.  I didn't get nearly enough on Thanksgiving.  It tasted just like my Mom's.  I drug the tree out of the attic last night but it's still half lit and will stay that way until I figure out the wiring.  If I get one of those little Snoopy trees from Kroger I may just push it to the side.  No rush.  It's not even December yet.

As I was going through boxes I found a letter from my friend Cindy from 1971 that she had sent to me from a very strict college in Florida.  She was managing to have fun in spite of it.  Lord, the tales we could tell.  

I am 4 days away from payday #1 and still not in the hole, last I looked.  I will have to go there to renew car insurance and Netflix will probably hit but I'm making baby steps.  The dogs were raising hell and I went out to find my annual Simpson pecan crew, minus Bubba.  Ain't much there guys but have at it.  

It's mighty cold to be crawling around in the leaves but I've done it myself for many years.  Tomorrow will be a hard freeze and the rest of what's there should fall.  

More later.  Love ya....mean it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment