Monday, November 5, 2018

novemblah

That is what my friend Pax calls this month and I agree.  The darkness and rain wear me out. When I got up this morning the sun was rising red which told me the rain was coming and indeed it did....only earlier than expected.  I was having a nice lunch with friends and we noticed it got dark like really quick.  By the time we checked out it was run for the car time.  We had intended to see Bohemian Rhapsody thinking that there was a Monday matinee but nada.  Nothing until 4, so we went our separate ways.  

I met with an old friend and new client this morning to get the low down on my duties for the next gig which starts on Thanksgiving day. Unless some of her family rolls in, it will be just me and her.  Lauren is working and so is Bubba.  I can be thankful wherever I am and with whomever is around.  The last Thanksgiving we spent together as a family was at the Highlands when Aunt Nancy was there.  Millette reserved the conference room and the whole tribe piled in there for Cracker Barrel and family fellowship.  The next year, Daddy was gone so we did the Cracker Barrel thing on Mama's bed at Maple Ridge.  And then there were none.  It used to be a huge to do back in the day and Lauren and I helped Mom cook in the later years.  I think the last time she attempted it she ended up slinging sweet 'taters with the mixer all OVER the kitchen.  

I inherited her vacuum cleaner and haven't used it much because the bags don't fit.  One of today's chores was finding some that I hope will work.  It's a ten year old Electrolux so I'm not really holding my breath.  High five to the cool Lowe's employee that helped me.  Truly fine customer service.

By the time I got to the chicken store it was raining so hard you couldn't see and Ashley was steady mopping the floor while folks tried not to get it even wetter coming in and out.  Pecan Lane was almost invisible as I approached.  

Well, tomorrow is THE day.  There has been a record turnout for early voting and I suspect it will be heavy tomorrow.  And there will be some surprises, I'm  sure.  Trump has mounted a really insidious hate campaign for the GOP seats at stake.  Lots of people see right through that.  If I were a candidate, his endorsement would be one I would decline.  

Y'all stay dry and cozy and careful not to hydroplane!

No comments:

Post a Comment