Saturday, November 17, 2018

wild child

Reaves was running wide open when I got there today and never stopped until I left.  Lauren went to a meeting and then we cleaned the living room and I put her tree together.  They were running on a tight schedule because they were due for a birthday party but by the time we got her all decked out she was cranky for a nap and not giving it up.  I ran into horrific traffic on the way OUT of Jackson presumably because both the by-pass and S Highland were both closed.  They're doing some kind of roundabout thing downtown.  Beware of Country Club Lane exit going west.  It was backed up a loooooong way.''

I took the singing Christmas clock over for Lauren and Reaves to enjoy and she grinned ear to ear when she heard it.  She likes to be read to, and to be sung to.  She gave me her little uke and I did a carol or two to her delight.  We played hard for three hours.  She was learning the "nono" of the tree lights when I left.  Her table and chairs are set up right next to the tree.

First thing when I got there Lauren told me that her neighbor and father figure Sam is coming home from the VA on hospice.  She calls him Pops and he has literally taken the place of her late father right down to adoring Reaves.  We both sobbed and clung together in grief.  He's a one of a kind guy whom I am blessed to call friend.  I am glad that he will be at home among his tribe at the end.

Grace and peace to you and yours ~

 




No comments:

Post a Comment