Thursday, November 29, 2018

passionate advocate

Unless you have been a caregiver at any level, you cannot imagine the commitment involved.  A true advocate sticks with a client through whatever system is being explored by someone who doesn't have a clue what's what.  They are everywhere and heroes who don't know it yet.  I was fortunate to work in a setting where I knew all the medical professionals personally and they guided me to do the next right thing for my parents.  

I visited a friend in the hospital today and saw a lot of familiar faces.  Mandy said she gets a kick out of Ellie loping like a bunny of deer in the fields.  She's learned to stay off the road, most of the time.  

Lauren is much better today as she is a warrior woman like all the other Reaves girls.  She's feeling good enough to be bored, if you know what I mean.

I spy with my little eye a shit load of trouble coming Trump's way.  Two breaking news thingies in one day?  Ummm.  What is Plan B?  It will be interesting to watch things unfold.  This presidency has been like a reality show where the cast changes constantly.  You're fired!  His election was not surprising, but all the crap that has happened since is.  He has fostered an agenda of hate for years and those roots continue to grow.  He is a gazillionare with tax troubles and people singing like my great grandma's canaries.  

The smoke detector in the attic continues to beep because I can't reach it to change the battery.  Sometimes it sucks to be your own keeper.  I have somehow managed to kill the tree lights so it's just a big green thing sitting there being non-magical.  That's okay.  I tried.  

Noel ~~


 

No comments:

Post a Comment