Saturday, November 10, 2018

open house

I've never been one to go to Christmas open houses because I'm always broke and it hurts me to not be able to buy.  Today was different because I am totally committed to Downtown Dyersburg economic growth and development. South Mill Street is at the epicenter of this and a couple of friends, in particular, along with the Chamber are responsible for making this happen.  There is activity there now where formerly there was "not much."  Kudos to Chris and Mike and Charli for being a part of it.  

I can tell I worked out yesterday plus it's really like, uh cold.  Typical Tennessee.  Three weeks ago it was 90.  Now, it's 50 on a good day.  Meh.  What happened to autumn??

I was gonna' go see a movie today alone but decided to save the five bucks for something else.  Gotta' weigh your options, right?  Lauren is now on the phone again and we had a nice chat today.  How in the world did we ever manage without smart phones?  I'll admit, I'm chained to mine.  Not only are there calls to be taken but there are pictures to be taken.  

I am keenly aware of the value of community these days.  So much is so wrong that if we don't stick together we're screwed.  There is no room for negativity and back biting or blaming.  It was what it was so if you let the past hold your spirit back, it's on you. Look for a way to become free.  

I am thankful for you ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment