Sunday, November 25, 2018

kingdom come

Yesterday was play day with Reaves and of course, she was full of herself.  She even said grammaw for the first time with a little coaching.  Lauren was cooking a double batch of Mama Staff's dressing so she sent me home with a pan ready to cook.  I can eat on that for days.  That baby was so tired she fell asleep in my lap without a bottle.  She's hooked on soft fuzzy things and wanted to be wrapped up and held in what KayKay gave her.  Her eyes are as big as the eyes on that softie.  She napped awhile, had a mama fit and went to sleep in my lap again.  It's so tiring going full throttle like she does!

I got back to the burg in time to feed the dogs and head on over for a sleepover with a new client.  That won't be a usual thing but a transitional one.  We had Thanksgiving leftovers and chatted then turned in early.  I slept like a baby until she woke up this morning at sunrise.  She told me never to say anything about her on FB just like my Mama did so mum's the word.
   
I found my way up to church for Christ the King Sunday which I didn't even know was a "thing" on the Christian calendar.  I learn something new every time I go.  Delores is my go to seat mate and her hub is usually multitasking with SS teaching and ushering.  Every hymn we sang today was one that reminded me of my parents and my heritage there.  Roots are good.  One lady told me that the older I get the more I look like my mother.   I take that as a compliment because she aged very well.  She was not a sun worshiper like me so she had fewer wrinkles.  

The wind is howling right now in advance of a cold front but it's warm.  Duck hunters everywhere are rejoicing and their dogs retrieving.  Tis the season.  Y'all try not to buy too much stuff this year for the holidays.  I can't afford to but even if YOU can just remember those who have nothing and act accordingly.  It's what Jesus would do.  

Joy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment