Sunday, February 28, 2016

reach out

That's one of the new politically correct ways of saying "talk about it".  If I reach out to you on a matter , I am engaging in dialogue about a certain subject with whomever I reached out to.  Uh...sounds simple enough, right?  It sounds much kinder and gentler than "having a conversation".  I know...I'm thinking too much again!  It's what I do to avoid digging through the mess that is my home right now.  I got an invitation to worship this morning and still can't find a bra so, there you go.  We shall worship at the house and have clean clothes.

Though not surprised, I am sorely disappointed in South Carolina and the way they rolled.  While Republicans are out in droves voting for whichever idiot is ahead at the moment, Dems are sitting back and not participating at a grassroots level because "Sanders can't win."  That is bullshit and can be turned around if everybody gets off their ass and votes instead of naysaying.  I will vote for him all the way to the end, even if Independent, because I believe in what he stands for.  Hillary, not so much.  I have respect for her on many levels including women's rights and such but just back away from the money sister.  It's no different when you do it than when the others are on the take.

The collapse of Wall Street is everybody's biggest fear.  Gotta' prop all the big ones up so it doesn't crash, right?  Also bullshit.  The closing of hundreds of WalMart stores is just the beginning of our mass exodus away from outsourced cheap consumerism.  Others will follow, and our fragile support system for the unemployed will more than likely break from the overload.   Healthcare is at an all time tipping point with cost of care out of reach for even the well insured.  Our hospital has initiated a program to attract uninsured customers with a reasonable co-pay on basic services and diagnostics.  That's a start, you know?  It can't be ALL about the money.

I've had the house to myself this weekend since the weather is nice and the contractors are out doing guy stuff which is okay with me. When I came home that day and everything is covered in plastic I almost went to a damn hotel.  They all drop whatever it is where it falls and pick it up at the end.  Thank the lort I have Mama's Electrolux to help out .  There is no light because all the fixtures are being replaced so I'm roaming around between lamps and windows trying to get stuff half ass straight.  I mean I'm a slob and all but lord have mercy........

That being said I'm really excited *grin* to be paying increased rent for the coming years to cover said improvements which doesn't really make sense to me but I'm just the tenant.  I do not own it.  I have lived here for 28 years paying a reasonable rent for a hundred year old drafty farmhouse with ginormous utility bills and bad plumbing.  Yet it is my home, and I will stay here until it's not in the budget anymore like at retirement age.  I suppose I'll end up in one of those apartments for the old people!

Hope ~




No comments:

Post a Comment