Saturday, February 21, 2015

lord willing, if the creek doesn't rise

As predicted, the heavy rains began during the night and now Pecan Lane is covered with ice plus about two inches of standing water until you hit the hill. Runoff from the top always ends up there at the bottom which is why my lug nuts get rusted onto the Camry tires. If I had a buck for every time I've driven through it, I'd be retired now. As it is, I'm far from retirement because there is no "other half" of the bills. As a firm believer in manifestation I'm calling out to the universe for an exit strategy from this life of barely getting by and constantly being stressed to the limit. This will happen, it's just a matter of how and when. Sophie is sitting on the porch watching it rain and puzzled about the whole ice/snow/melt deal. They obviously don't understand global warming any better than the conservatives.

We are sheltered in place with all necessities at hand. If Shannah can get through the flood with BabyMan he will be spending some time watching movies and getting pampered tonight. We could make cookies and read books! I'm still pretty wore out what with the big viral hit on my lungs and head. I won't bore you with the details of mucous color but it ain't pretty. Several friends have been through harrowing times this week. My lifecoach in Chicago lost her beloved JavaBeans today and Marfie had her mama placed in a safe haven. Maybe that can happen here soon, you think? Lord willing. I'm about to be overcome from bleach fumes because a day like this just begs to get the house clean. I will sure send out a tweet if there's a fatality.

Don't stop believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment