Thursday, May 1, 2014

ladies night

Here I sit, chair dancing to Donna Summer while the rest of the world is having caviar on a stick with a side of to-die-for sauce. ATT, the company that lied to me about not just the price of my phone but the cost of doing business with them is calling often on "their" device asking for payment on said devices and incidentals like internet service. One "device" is in contract but the other is not if I pay the balance which looks like somebody thinks I'm an idiot. You know, kind of like TVA. I sure wish I had kept the paperwork because I would totally kick tie guy's ass at the local storefront.

Here's the thing. Life is hard and then you die soooo, have fun along the way. One of the younger elders out here offered my family burial plots in the small cemetery down by the river...putting it in his will and everything. I told BG to just bury some of my ashes in a pretty box and put up a little stone that says Poopie. It's where I fell/scooted down the hill instead of just walking across Gerald's yard to see the Carter family burial ground.

I noticed in the obits yesterday that the former woman of the house at the end of the main road on the right died and wondered if she was one of "the" Carter family. My brother and I went to the old library and courthouse to try to piece together the land ownership map of this place prior to 1920. The landowner requested that because evidently he's interested in his heritage. It is a helluva' story, if I say so myself. The grandaddy of them all drowned at Reelfoot Lake.

Mom and Daddy are status quo. BG is pimping cherry limeade at the local Sonic. Shannah and Boogs are watching a movie and I'm about to do some landry. I know...you so wish you were me.

^j^

3 comments:

  1. I love you, momma! ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete