Friday, May 2, 2014

riding with the king

It just tickled me to death that Memphis made national news today with the arrival of the princes for their friend's wedding. If I were a betting girl, I'd say that's because they have spent a lot of time at the nightclub owned by their chum who is marrying the Midsouth socialite heiress to Holiday Inn. Much classier than the Waltons from Bentonville, if you know what I mean. Memphis is where a whole boatload of kings lived, some of whom I've mentioned but now I'm remembering more. Elvis.Jerry Lawler.BB.Albert. Every time I ride through to the medical center I'm amazed at how things have improved since I drove it daily almost 40 years ago. A pyramid has been built and bickered over at the end of a shortcut from Frayser that Marti Ann showed me. I was a new college grad headed for a job there when Elvis died and I suspect that's why I hightailed it for the 'burg. Either that or I knew I needed to be close to family. Or something. Anyway, after we rented a truck and loaded all my shit into it I had a crying fit and decided it was all a huge mistake and I'd rather live at home all my life than be in big bad noisy Memphis by myself. Gotta have my quiet time.

Ryan came to do the first mowing of the season and I have to kick my own ass for not hirint him several years ago. Our little riding mower is nothing compared to his rig. He was here about 30 minutes and did the whole place except for weed whacking. So glad we had benadryl! The radiology report showed that there's something torn in my shoulder so I'm seriously looking at non-invasive treatment options. Maybe the MFR therapist can kill that bitch. The sawmill wasn't bad which is a blessing because we've all got a lot going on. Next week is probably when we will have visitors who put our every movement up next to a checklist and see if it works. We all need some prayers for those of you who are inclined....for a peaceful experience that we can be proud of rather than dread. It's the luck of the draw with those kinds of things because if the surveyor is on a mission and feels self-important? It's gonna be a looooong week. Also one of our peeps has a husband facing the unknown with his health so say one for them as well. It never hurts, ya know? That's how I've kept the faith..through the prayers of others^j^







1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Poopie, as I always say.
    I've never been to Memphis, but I'd love to visit. I enjoyed Elvis, but I don't care one lick about seeing his (what I've heard was) tacky house.
    Good for you for hiring a mower and good for Benadryl!

    ReplyDelete