Wednesday, April 30, 2014

radiology fun

I've been carrying around an order for an MRI on the bitch shoulder for about a month and had to bite the bullet and slide into that tube today. This won't be so bad, I said to myself. I can take a nap, right? WRONG. When Jim gave me the ear plugs and told me it would be loud, I never expected the racket that came out of that machine. If I were the least bit claustrophobic I would have bolted. I'm not though, and was too tired to even move. I might have even drifted off, machine gun sounds and all. Bra and pocket contents in purse, I headed to the beer store before making my way toward home. I'm seriously dreaming about what investor I can get to open a grocery store in South Dyersburg once the flood situation is straightened out. The location, either there or on the by-pass is excellent for the food desert that extends from Kroger,Wallyworld etc to Halls. A downtown store offering healthy food options would be a good choice as well. Nobody in their right mind wants to go toward 51N and 78. There used to be a Kroger downtown which we called "shady" because of the neighborhood, but that seems to have improved somewhat.

My job is usually the same thing ad infinitum with the exception of the occasional "big deal" so I was intrigued to be able to witness a procedure today up close and personal that involved several departments working together and was something I had never seen. Privacy and all that you know, but it was way cool and showed me how it can and should be done. Often in work settings there is inter-departmental friction over who did what and when but this was smooth as silk and that gives me faith that what I do really does make a difference sometimes.

I suppose this particular storm system has headed off to sea by now of is well on the way. I just about flipped out when I saw that Pensacola bridge over Escambia Bay covered in water. There's your global warming at work if not by hurricane by flash flood. I remember the first time I went over that bridge I almost jumped out of the car I was so scared. Bridges falling or collapsing are a recurring dream for me, much like the one I had for years where I was a kid and the the red log cabin was on fire, only I was in the porcelain bathtub singing. I'm not Freud, so I don't have a clue what that's about.

We were discussing one guy's upcoming trip to London at the sawmill and someone mentioned that the royals are headed to his hometown of Memphis which I didn't really understand other than Graceland. Little George will get to learn all about Elvis the King, not to be confused with Jerry the King Lawler.

Keep smiling...keep shining~Stevie Wonder


No comments:

Post a Comment