Sunday, May 4, 2014

eggs and aunt granny

I somehow managed to sleep until 8:30 this morning which was perfect timing since I had to go to the dollar store for BC powders. That plus diet Dr Pepper or Coke is my jolt into the day because I seriously don't like coffee. Ever. Before I picked up the grands I carried off the garbage in the trunk of that trusty old Camry and bought a local paper featuring a DPD officer and his impressive array of confiscated weed plastered all over the front page. Seems as if maybe it's an election year and he's running for sheriff or something. Anyway, they also busted up a vacant house with a shitload of meth labs like SIXTEEN and nobody noticed before election year? Please. This particular cop is running against the incumbent who has two unsolved murders on his hands that will probably be solved prior to August poll time. I could be wrong but I've lived in the South long enough to know politics are the local level. Anybody remember the night the K-9 unit showed up after Faith died? I totally blogged it.

One other time I took law enforcement on because an over zealous undercover cop who was infatuated with one of BG's friends busted up in her apartment where they were having a drink and the door wasn't open but he kicked it and then they proceeded to arrest all the minors up in there. I wrote a letter to the chief, consulted a lawyer and the whole thing turned into an underage alcohol charge for her. There was one other time when the DPD noticed she and her teenage friends going across the tracks to buy weed visit a friend. Since the car was hers I got a call and the other parents had to pick their daughters up. I was not amused, and that was when we met Todd in probation. Lester came along for those rides.

So we went to the home to see Aunt Granny before heading to Samaria Bend and I was tickled to see her kinda' sorta' back to normal...only happier. I went in first and woke her to tell her sister was in the house for a visit and she said her name "Janice?" Oh yeah, and Billy too. He sat there patiently while they visited and I got schooled on the ins and outs of visits. At 80 and 79 they are a handful for all involved. Every time she moved a butt cheek on that bed the alarm went off! That's a good incentive to stay put, if you know what I mean. She and Mama traded stories on nursing home experiences. Roomie was smooth out of it so that was good.


I say that to say this: Reefer madness is alive and well when it's convenient. I got my new voter registration card this week with the new and improved road name and will use it come election time.

^j^








No comments:

Post a Comment