Wednesday, October 23, 2013

you're gonna miss me when i'm gone

My favorite happy song these days has those words in it, courtesy of Pitch Perfect and Cups. My friend Cari turned me onto it and said she wants it played at her funeral. I agree! I certainly want mine to be a celebration of my life and not a sad and dreary dirge of a gathering. I've been to enough funerals in my day that I know which ones have the potential to be just that and which ones are an opportunity to preach. There's a difference ya'know. Please also include something from Hebrews because that book is all about faith. Since I don't have a "home church" I reckon just any old body will do for the other parts. Kay is in charge of the whole deal if she's still around. Otherwise? Plan B. Oh oh...and Phillippians too. That's such a sweet chapter as my old friend 'Becca called it in Sunday school. Her baby Issac died and she's really sad. I know the feeling well. It's been almost a year since Faith died after giving birth to her first ever litter of puppies at the age of 11. Lord have mercy.

Another friend went under the knife yesterday and had an "unexpected" outcome meaning a longer recovery. This must be the year for that! She and Bossfriend will be mending at the same time while the troops carry on. While glancing at the news today I really got sorta' misty about not seeing Congress acting a fool and instead there are more shootings with LEGAL effing guns. For the life of me I can't understand why these people don't just go ahead and do it instead of taking a shitload of innocents with them. Pretty cowardly if you ask me.

One of the greatest lessons I've learned in my years of therapy is that people are who they are and you meet them there if you want to be a part of their lives. Some situations require that you don't really love them but do the tolerant thing for the sake of say...family or a job with benefits. Learning to draw that line in the sand and them becoming a big fat zero is an art and I manage to pull it off now and then when times are hard and continued sanity requires it. This has been the hardest year of my life both physically and emotionally. That's enough said because if you come here often you know the facts.

Yet I still believe, just like a little kid ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment