Sunday, October 20, 2013

old school

Event #2 of the DHS class of '73 reunion was just as much fun as the night before with a few different faces and more of the same. Just to show you what an unbroken circle the whole thing is, the hostess of last night's event is the daughter of none other than Mr. Neely who farms this entire parcel along with his son. It's been 20 plus years since I've been to that house and it's cute as a bug. The living room was filled to the brim with folks looking through annuals and old pics and the back yard was warmed by a fire pit. Little did I know that BG was working extra hard on today's breast cancer awareness insert for the paper featuring none other than Sheila from our class. I'm sure she had more reason to celebrate than many of us considering her recovery!

Today is eggs and doughnuts and dilly bar day so we got all that done and had to stop by the store to get 40 pounds of dog food. That lasts about two or three weeks with four mouths to feed. I never know when I wake up in the morning how many will be in the bed with me. Probably explains why I'm still single...yep, the crazy dog lady! An anonymous benefactor paid for my reunion fees and returned my check which is always a blessing. The $115 for the window regulator wiped out the checking account and more. All in all, things have been much worse. I still can't find the camera which means either I've really "lost it" or it was stolen. That makes me very very sad because everywhere I look right now there's a shot just begging to be snapped and I reach for it out of habit.

It's been kind of a tough week for me emotionally because of the passing of Dr. Noonan and what would have been my cousin Deb's 57th birthday plus the usual drama. I found myself crying yesterday and not feeling like going to the reunion party but got saved by my friend Cathy who offered me a ride. I feel sure that we'll spend more time together soon! The passing of years has taught me never to take anything for granted when it comes to seeing old friends because we may never pass this way again.

^j^

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. It is better to seek out the friends of the past while they are living than it is to regret that you didn't do it before they died. I'm glad you had a good time and bravo to the person who paid and returned your check. So nice!

    ReplyDelete