Monday, October 21, 2013

dust in the wind

If you don't immediately think of Kansas (not the state) you're not a child of the sixties and seventies. Well I guess you could be and just didn't listen to hippie music. Either way, I thought about it when I glanced outside and saw all those beans and stalks of corn waiting to be harvested soon. Achoo and sniff. This is the time of year when noses run and sneezing is randomly rampant. It's so funny to hear how different people sneeze, especially when you know them well and out comes their personal sneeze that sounds like kittens drowning or something. I had the dubious pleasure of discussing politics and football this morning with a Republican. He and another few guys have been my nemesis for the past few years. Even he, the old wizened one, admitted that the shutdown was a travesty and "his" party has seen the last of their glory days. We moved on to Warren v Hillary and agreed that Senator Warren is a good choice. I never thought I'd see the day!

I'm still on a post reunion high that consists of great memories and an observation that I look older than most of them. I rarely wear makeup because it just makes the wrinkles worse and my eyes are always swollen where I have to open them real wide while smiling not to have absent eyeballs in a picture. Maybe when I hook up with Sugardaddy he'll buy me a face lift or some botox. Maybe if I could just afford decent skin products I wouldn't look like a hag! We're on a mission around here to shop wisely and that doesn't include the plastic poison from the dolla' store if it can be helped. Booger's coming tonight and is up on his knees and a force to be reckoned with. He's gonna be real pissed when he doesn't have the run of the house. No can do, boogs. Not until they're cleaner.

BG finally found the camera under the futon in her room? Umm,okay then. It worked out well with me not having camera in hand this weekend though because actually? Sometimes I use that as an escape from one on one, especially in a social environment. I mean, it's not like I'm getting paid or anything. I am the sort who frames shots in my mind of everything that I see and I couldn't STAND the thought of not having that luxury. It's my hobby and my passion even though I don't use all the bells and whistles. My shots are usually rustic and real and I try to include a face with a personality be it a person or an animal.

Now listening to Metallica like most other old ladies. Life is good ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment