Sunday, October 6, 2013

i got nothing

Back in my beginner blogger days we all had such a loyalty among us (think BFB) that when somebody was gonna be out they would have a "guest blogger" while they were away. Now you can tweet your entire life to anywhere in the world with a hashtag. Spell check just underlined that word by the way. Surely it's a real word by now!

Miracles abound as we ventured to yet another new destination for brunch, this time checking out the Dairy Queen inside service. The owners used to live next door to KY cousin when we were growing up so it's a long term I know your mama and them kinda' thing. High five to Kirk and Kevin. As it turns out we're not the only ones who buy dilly bars by the box as he says they're selling the fire out of them.

Far as I know the government is still shut down and they're all in a standoff while we get hung out to dry. I'd bitch if it would make any difference but it doesn't. In the words of my friend Sue "it is what it is." Embrace it and move on. That doesn't, by many means, give up. Just acknowledge the elephant in the room and make peace with what is. Do I hear an amen?

Fall came in with a nearby tornado and cooler temps last night but I slept through the whole thing. With all the dogs of course. Boogs and his mom stayed the night and BG ended up at the paper half the night working with a stubborn press. Daddy got his on time so they did good.

My 40th reunion is almost here and I'm not even paid up yet. It's been such a struggle to rob peter and pay paul around here that I figure I'll pay up at the door with cash. They know I'm coming!

Ya'll have a glorious first real day of autumn ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment