Tuesday, October 1, 2013

early to bed

I'm sitting here inside Casa Poops because it's still just awfully muggy and warm out there, especially for October in Tennessee. I suspect global warming is the culprit, don't ya'll? I went to bed last night thinking that surely the GOP would get their act together and compromise to avoid the dreaded government shutdown. Boy was I wrong. It seems that even I underestimated their stupidity and I never give them any slack on being the least bit bright. What really puzzles me about the whole budget/Obamacare thing is that one of their own golden boys is the one who invented it in his home state of Massachusetts. Romneycare...ding ding? A very successful state run healthcare program which has cut ER visits so that the really SICK ones can be seen and saved millions of dollars, nay BILLIONS. Healthcare is expensive, you know. My personal theory is that the ones who are blackballing the Affordable Care Act are those with extensive financial interests in big pharm and or insurance. And of course they just hate Obama because he's the devil incarnate and nobody knows where he was born. Or something like that. Go to hell Congress. You have shown your colors to the American people loud and clear. Don't tell my mama I said go to hell either.

Things have been pretty tense for the past few weeks what with financial tsunamis and quality improvement at the sawmill plus a big fat honkin' side of not enough happy pills. It just dawned on me this morning when I felt "normal" again that I had been taking half of what I normally do because they were fewer milligrams. Yep, I know I'm almost a nurse but in the throes of despair that never occurred to me until today when I didn't even have the slightest urge to cry and my thoughts kind of all directed themselves to a place where I can sort things out. We had two teenage boys and a baby one last night and that was a bit much since we're usually in the bed by 8PM. Five o'clock comes mighty early.

I talked to my cousin in WA yesterday and couldn't believe it was the same woman I spoke with a few days ago. Her health is kind of touch and go and it tickled me to death to hear her voice sounding strong again. She called for mama's number so that they could chat a bit which I'm sure thrilled mom to pieces. Mama had lined me up for a ride home today if she went out to eat with the "bridge club" and I had totally forgotten about it until she called today to tell me she didn't go. I'm telling you, I need post-it notes in front of me for every little thing.

The leaves are falling on the gumball trees which are usually the first to take on color. There is one that my daddy planted on the fence row when we first moved here and it's huge now.....a sprawling mass of purple and orange that will hopefully be planted around. I would seriously hate to see that thing go by the wayside. Since it rained a good bit the corn is drying out before all hell breaks loose with the cutting and allergies.

We watched the most hilarious movie called Bad Parents the other day about soccer parents and how possessed they can be with their children's sports teams. I remember the days of A and B team quite well during the time when BG dabbled in basketball and volleyball. I seriously wish I had back all the $$ I spent on those stupid camps.

Carry on wayward sons and daughters. And keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment