Wednesday, October 16, 2013

old home week

I must say that today was one that I'll never forget. An impromptu lunch at Joe's deli and gift shop turned into a great big howdy do and haven't seen you in forever type of experience. Both of his sisters were there with his mom across the street at the furniture store. Their shelves are lined with Yankee candles and every inch of wall space is occupied by a rustic piece of art. In other words, it's my dream. The food is simple and good and they are nice to little old ladies who take a long time to make up their minds. My friend Amy is here for the class reunion and her sister Mary has helped plan the whole thing so we took our mamas out to lunch and told tall tales. Mama told about her co-worker Billie Anne whose sisters didn't know she smoked until one of them came up on the front desk and she stuck it in the drawer with smoke trailing. That was when everybody smoked inside and such. We had this little room in the basement of the sawmill with benches and we all huddled down there like it was a sauna or something. Then we became a smoke free "campus" where you can't smoke except in your vehicle. Which is fine with me because it saves me some money.We stopped by a friend's house on the way home to deliver fresh baked chocolate chip cookies for their family funeral gathering. The common theme here is none other than the every other Tuesday gathering of the Bridge Club. Ms Lois and Ms Ann have been mama's friends for years. The rest of the crew consists of whomever can manage a game because bridge is serious business. Pay attention!

Today's lesson was one of awe as I saw a daughter come to terms with how other people saw her dad. Once I graduated from Dr. Craddock I became a patient of Dr. Noonan's like all the other big kids. I even had a damn sigmoid scope in his office one time, spur of the moment. Talk about pissed off! I don't remember who came after him but now I see FNPs who know their stuff. Sometimes it's not worth the effort to deal with physicians who are corporately owned. When Obamacare fails and the world ends and you find yourself all alone with a gun that your purchased legally so that some sonofabitch could make a buck, remember this. This whole load of shit could have been prevented by compromise. Jesus would like that, umkay?

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment