Thursday, October 3, 2013

yes sir, indeed

My favorite stupid old southern congressman story for day 3 of the shutdown of the services of our federal government. Lots of the tea partiers showed up for a photo op with the pissed off vets who got turned away from the park. He blamed, now get this, the freakin' park ranger. It was absurd and before it was all over he just said well he meant that it was Harry's fault. That was after onlookers rescued the poor young lady just trying to do her job, whatever that is now we are in full shutdown. Well, except for kids with cancer. And food supplementation in the form of vouchers based on need which is drying up quick. We are way past any sort of orderly going down the rabbit hole. Hey..I read Left Behind and all. I know that one day I'm gonna wake up on a plane and think..oh shit. I'd rather be down here with my homies when the end times come. The really scary thing about the series is that so far it's been spot on as far as global finance, politics and the vanity of an elite few. All we know about the money changer was that he wasn't American. Maybe Nigerian or something.

I also read The Shack which was much more my speed because I could relate to how we ultimately have to face the pain to move forward. It might be ugly and messy and all that, but it won't go away until it's let go. The only way to get past a particular painful thing is to feel it full on, with guidance of course (and some happy pills on occasion) having regular sessions with some sort of counselor. Preferably one who knows from whence you came so they can just refer to their notes. There is one particular guy who's been listening to me cry for years and guided me through yet another tough period of life. He told me that many of the healthcare workers that he counsels tell him the same thing these days. Good old Rod the LCSW. Bless your heart buddy. You earned your pay with this family :)

I have a word of advice for old JB who currently has his balls twisted because of the ornery old coots who thought up the tea party. Oh and their very YOUNG recruits. You make me sick people....every one of you. But the ones who make me the sickest are the women who play all innocent like they're still in the 50's watching Beaver Cleaver. I think her name is Michelle or something like that. Of course she's the polar opposite of hardy lusty Sarah Palin who can see Russia from her house and likes to hunt and fish. Hey..here's an idea for a cartoon...she and Cheney in the woods with guns.

It's looking a lot like Hillary might now be in the best physical shape to make a run for the presidency so I nominate Elizabeth Warren for the job. Of all the things that I've read over the past few years, her ideas and approach to social change are the ones that I identify with. Help the poor and struggling. They didn't all get there by their own choice. Sometimes the partisanship of their government stands in the way of a basic human right which is access to healthcare.

Planning on a good evening with Hangover 2 and my new celeb boyfriend the monkey. Love that little dude.

Peace out ya'll...our God is awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment