Tuesday, October 29, 2013

a different dimension

Today has been gray and dull, a perfect backdrop for the splashes of color everywhere. I remember during the autumn of when my aunt was dying of colon cancer, it first dawned on me that the passing seasons continue on even after the earthly bodies crumble to dust. We were discussing today what kind of future there is for us at work with people retiring and sick. We are an aging population up in there! Not many young ones go into allied health training programs because the job market has changed. And of course it's open enrollment time for corporate USA and the asshats are still fighting over Obamacare rather than doing good things for their employees. I don't think it will happen in my lifetime, but I see a world vision that is better and happier than all the naysayers shake their heads at. It's called faith and it's a gift.

It's amazing how the feeling hits me like a rain shower each time someone says they read "the blog." What began as an experiment in technology some ten years ago has turned into a self-therapy type of tool that others enjoy and I'm good with that because it's a win-win. I first "met" Ronnie Bennett around that time and she was already an elder in the blog as literary tool. So was old Hoss, bless his heart. Every time I see a jack in the black bottle I think of him. And so it goes, you old dung beetle. Love ya..mean it.

My blog boyfriends/editors are still waiting for me to get serious about doing something a bit more structured and I know it's time. Remember? I'm a procrastination machine. Plus I'm worried about BF because I haven't heard from her little self lately. I mean gah...she could die and I wouldn't even know! We're down to renting a booth for the collectibles here which is something my picker friends suggested long ago. That hasn't been in the plan either due to illness, horses out and beans and corn. The last of the furniture was picked up on Saturday so what I have is mine to deal with. I can make it cute, ya'll hide and watch!

Here's a big shoutout to my two work friends who are on the mend. I hope they understand that when we get another ride and some propane they'll get something made in the oven. Oh, and by the way? I got the giraffe riddle first time.

Peace out ^j^





No comments:

Post a Comment