Saturday, October 19, 2013

walk on the wild side

Oh my goodness ya'll...did we have fun last night or what?? I watched in amazement as member after member of the DHS Class of '73 came pouring through the doors of our brand new library. Since I got there a little early it was my joy to watch Nick and his bunch set up the food and bar with the precision of a drill team. Chucky arranged the table and did the music and we were off! Clayton Hayes is a photographer from way back and he was standing his old self up on chairs to get a group picture for us. I still haven't found my camera by the way. It wasn't in the refrigerator OR the oven. There are so many piles around that it could be anywhere. I had to cancel my hair appointment yesterday due to lack of funds so I just went with what I have which is a tricolor long ass mess that stays in a clip or ponytail most of the time. Someone remarked the other day how they liked my hair color which is kinda' funny considering it's dollar store blonde blended with gray.

I am now the proud owner of a new window that goes up and down on the passenger side. Mama will be so happy to ride there on the way to eat after church. It seems like only yesterday we were riding around with collision wrap plastered over the thing. Talk about LOUD! No window plus loud engine means no talking while driving. The radio had to be cranked up loud to even hear music so it wasn't worth it. $120 plus tax and that will be fixed as well. Then..onto hubcaps and oxygen sensors!

Pride learned how to open the gate about a week ago and he's been wandering here there and yonder in the beans. I tied the gate up with an electrical cord the other day and he snapped it like a twig. This is one ornery horse and it just pisses my brother off to no end that he has to cater to him. He's gotten used to his sweet feed fix twice a day and that should help keep him satisfied for awhile.

Maybe ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment