Tuesday, October 22, 2013

somebody's hero


Today's really tragic news in West Tennessee is about the crash of a pedi-flight crew that went down while en route to pick up a sick child for transport to LeBonheur Children's Medical Center in Memphis. It reminded me that I haven't thought about my friend and co-worker Cindy in a long time and she died the same way. Three or four years ago, I believe. I remember vividly creeping up to watch the video ahead of time at the FH because I can. Bawled like a baby ya'll. Her best friend began her career in the funeral business during that time. There's always a Plan B friends because WE are not in charge.

I got the sweetest note from my friend today telling me that what I'm doing as a caregiver for my parents is valuable and that's exactly what I needed to hear at this point in time. I've pretty much taken my hands off and am letting them handle it because until somebody's incompetent it's not my job to make their decisions. I honor my father and mother in that respect. The shadows are amazing these autumn afternoons about 4-6ish. I dread the days of light that end at four resulting in cabin fever that just won't quit. Even if it's colder than shit, seeing the sun makes a huge difference. Since we have no teevee we're all about the movie rentals these days and are about to splurge on a new player because mama's only plays new releases. I do miss Chelsea and Jon and all of them but hey. I can live without 'em.

Keeping the faith is our only logical choice ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment