Friday, October 4, 2013

friday tales

I drove into the dark parking lot at work and spotted one of my co-workers peeping through the back of a vehicle. She walked off and then went back a couple of times so I asked if there was a body in there or something. We got closer and found a teeny tiny kitten who had ridden the 10 miles to work with his mama and hopped down to call for help. She had been at work for 12 hours! We tracked down the owner pretty quickly and other Janie got kitty safely into the vehicle for a better ride home. I have seen first hand what an engine will do to a kitty and it ain't pretty. That one just used up one of his 9 lives.

Cooler air is moving in next week and I'm ready for it so the light bill will go down. Even with a fairly new unit, this place is hard to heat and cool. My plan is to get just enough propane to cook with and save some for a hard freeze or some such. We've been lucky the past two years..like REAL lucky with the moderate temps. I'm seeing solid brown wooly worms which means something, though I'm not quite what. The pecans are beginning to open up a bit and it looks like a good year on select trees which I will NEVER identify. It's my stash :)

I'm done with the shutdown rant and I know people will be glad to hear that. It's too stupid for even commentary anymore. When and if they take a breath and decide that their constituents don't deserve that treatment, we might have a chance. I wanted to puke when I saw a pic of JB spouting off that the whole shutdown is Obama's fault. Yeah right dude. Oh, and I've got some land in Florida for you! Life is too short to constantly be trying to change what is when a more meaningful approach is to look at "it", say "that's whassup!" let it go and mourn it. When my (very) late grandma died of colon cancer I was still a young one in my new job. I finally grieved her death ten years later in therapy. Angel stuff, ya'll. The stages and steps are proven to work miracles.

A very close friend of mine is quite sick and everybody is worried about her because she's always so on top of things and this has kicked her butt physically. Sometimes I think that's Big Ernie's way of telling us to slow down. Not to say that I'm all laying around or anything, but I know my limits. If I fall off a ladder and nobody's here, I'm screwed!

Happy Friday. Hope it's filled with whatever you need to feel humble and grateful and joyful. And faithful,of course ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment