Thursday, October 17, 2013

solvency and scrap

Well lo and behold just look at how the Senate put the whoop ass on old Ted what's his name and his followers for taking our government hostage when we're already trying to recover from a recession that hit way below the belt. I'm kinda' like Elizabeth Warren on that. Yeah,it's good that it got solved in the short term but it will be back if not dealt with using the spirit of compromise. I think enough Republicans saw themselves not getting re-elected because of the whole circus that they decided to moderate real quick. THAT IS except for the congressional house members from the great state of TN including my home representative Stephen Fincher. Dude has an office on the square in our 'burg that never looks occupied and I can understand why. I'm thinking about making a little appointment to have my say about the whole deal. I think Steve Cohen should run for Senate and even things up. Thoughts?

My procrastinating side (shut.up) has led me to T-one week and counting until corporate rolls in so I got on FB last night and offered free scrap to anybody that wanted it. I had two offers before noon today and #1 dude just headed to the junk yard with his haul out of my driveway,basement and my daddy's yard. I ran in to give them a heads up about the strangers in the yard and he was waiting for his ride to come (an hour later) on the porch in his little plastic chair. One day I pulled up and he had moved it all the way out by the hackberry tree. Patience is not one of his virtues.

I'm beginning to look forward to seeing a bunch of old friends this weekend. BG will be working so I'll have to hitch rides but that's okay. The regulator is being repaired as I type and we had to grab a ride with the scrap guy because there was nobody there to take us home. My next improvement project is that thing in the exhaust that makes it loud and suck gas. I forgot what it's called but muffler man got all excited telling me about it. $125 for that. And please Lord Jesus can somebody give me some hub caps for Christmas?? After tires, that will be about it. We ride home today in the back seat of an old Chevy truck whose front seats were propped up with boards. Hey...would I make up something like that?

One guy in particular is on my heart right now because he lost his father and I lost a friend and mentor. He was the finest and wisest physician that I've ever had the privilege to work with and he made me think and grow as a healthcare professional. Even during his last years he would rip articles out about blood bank and bring them by hand to the lab. That's a guy who knows that the people on the front lines are only as good as the ones behind them. Or vice versa. It's reunion weekend and I'm primed for it because there are so many of us who never have the luxury of time to just sit down for a conversation. "How's your mama'n'them?"

^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment