Tuesday, January 17, 2012

here for the party

I knew the very first time that I saw Gretchen Wilson riding a four wheeler in the mud with camo on that she was gonna be the next great country chick. Women all over the country identified with her kick ass attitude and I was one of them up in a bar dancing on the stage with my girls and drunk as hell. The bar in the kudzu was my favorite spot for many years...a short drive from home and lots of friends to watch my back. One poor dude had to drive me home at my request and he told me to "get my head in the right place." Wise words, brother. He and I normally meet up at the funeral home or sawmill and that is also one of those relationships that never changes. How are the girls? And mama'n'them?

In the heyday, the place had three people deep around the wall and more than the occasional brawl. I met some of my best friends there, like Gigi and my redneck friend from Gibson county. Well,okay. Maybe MORE than one redneck friend from Gibson county :) I remember going there with my ex and the shipped in corporate guys would trade their wives at some random table in the back, keys and all. I didn't have a freakin' clue what was up until he told me. We didn't do that down on the farm.

I wouldn't trade those days for anything, all the while knowing that Big Ernie was allowing me the chance to get out there and raise hell as a single woman. It was a long time coming and a whole lotta fun, right Yaya? More and more, as I sit back and reflect on life, I see that there is a plan after all and all I have to do is show up and do my best. That sure does take a load off of a weary old smartass country girl.

Keeping the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment