Saturday, August 17, 2019

touchdown

My friend Larry is a rock star, no doubt.  He was flown to Colorado earlier this week in a private jet and will be returning today. My goal is to get a shot of that jet as it comes in for a landing behind my house bringing Larry back to real life.  He's a great buddy and friend.  We like to go to movies together and sit in his little oasis out back full of flowers.  We will talk about anybody and everybody.  He has a cat named Lily too that he sits with for some friends.  She was a "fat" cat until she went on insulin and I helped him learn how to give the shots.  

My plan is to go see the girls after church tomorrow as long as my belly behaves.  It's still coming and going in spite of pro-biotics and what not.  One thing I should probably avoid is the ice cream I inherited from Ms. Ruth's freezer.  I've gone through about 6 pints and I'm not used to dairy except for cheese.  It also has a lot to do with eating fresh veggies like sweet corn and fried green tomatoes.  All that stuff sure is good though.
.
Today is my dear friend Lorna's birthday. We had a long talk yesterday while she was in two different school lines picking up grandkids.  Gracie was on speaker with us so we had a big old time.  Tis the season for moth invasion and my house is full of them because I opened the back door in the dark and got stampeded.  I'm catching them one by one and throwing them out to freedom.  It's gonna' take awhile!

Under his eye ^j^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment