Wednesday, August 21, 2019

enough

The pain from diverticulitis is much worse at night for me, waking me up several times.  Last night I woke up to some pain bad enough that I mulled over a visit to the ER just to get a morphine drip!  It passed and I went back to sleep but I headed to Ripley this morning to see my friend and GI doc.  He put me on two different antibiotics and warned me if it got worse to head to the ER because of the danger of  rupture.  I also got to visit with the rest of his staff whom I have not seen since he moved the practice to Ripley.  It's good to be among friends.

I got a random call today from someone who hired me to care for her mother one day.  The client was obviously disturbed that her daughter thought she needed a baby sitter.  Her daughter told me that since my visit she has turned herself all the way around as far as lifestyle.  I love it when that happens.

Still hot and I'm over it.  Like way past over it.  I think it's doing a number on everybody.  I noticed some dead leaves this morning in the yard so I guess it's beginning to be that time. September is birthday month for me and Lauren and Reaves.  The baby will be 2 and I can't wait to see her squeal with joy and blow out those candles.  I missed last year but she was so little she didn't have a clue what was going on.  

I am still looking for part time work, but it will be on my own terms.   The last lead would have required travel to Halls five days a week.  I could not commit to that and she found somebody who could.  Win.Win.  I'm not just looking to "sit" but to do something that keeps me active and engaged.

Ya'll be careful out there.  And keep the faith ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment