Sunday, August 25, 2019

daily regimen

My friend remarked after spinning down my blood the other day "that's the prettiest plasma!" It was so clear you could tell that the lipids were way low.  Overnight fast does that.  My diet has changed dramatically since retirement.  I ate a lot of fast food when I was working  and that's death to gut.  My favorite things are pasta, rice, hummus, purple hull peas and turkey.  Oh, and chocolate.  I'm not big on dairy except for cheese. I like spinach and romaine and poppyseed dressing.  Wait....that's what caused the diverticulitis...poppy seeds!

I wake up about the same time everyday with an alarm and sometimes without.  Exercise is either walking the lane or Silver Sneakers.  That's a cute name for "old people's class."   There are lunches and meetings and movies scattered around in there as well.  Visits at the not so round table in the kitchen.  All the usual things that make up a happy life.  

Why am I sharing all this mundane stuff with you?  Surprise...it's for me!  I find that writing on this blog and laying things out in words helps me to understand life a bit better.  I've been know to rig up all kinds of devices just to have the ability to do so.  

The message at church today was about Jesus being scolded for working on the Sabbath by curing the crippled woman.  The head guy there got all in his face.  His response was, as usual, rebellious and compassionate.  

This is the Jesus that I know.  The one who talks back and raises cain to the powers that be.  It's not about who's in charge but who can work miracles and fix people.  

But it takes faith in God ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment