Wednesday, August 28, 2019

church jeans

Like my mother before me, I have always that one who believes that one should be dressed as finely as possible for worship.  Now, not so much.  If the kids can wear jeans I can too.  The ones I have are much more comfortable than being stylish.  I don't really think Jesus cares one way or another.  I had a much needed pastoral session this morning and cried through the whole.  It is in the re-telling of the story to those who have never heard it that release finally comes.  We prayed for closure and for blessings on our little tribe.

I was going to check out the seed bank at the library but headed on toward lunch with the secret society.  We go sit in the corner so we can hoot and holler as we please.  Plus it's next to the bathroom.  I've been through everything on the menu twice at least.  

As I made my way home I noticed the late summer trying to give it up.  The corn is parched and the beans are lush.  It's been a good bean year for those who got to plant.  I'm always glad when the corn is gone even if it's not planted up next to me. It's like driving around in a bad Halloween movie.  

So just to tease me Colbert has taken off yet another week.  I mean, since G7 aka G6 it's been pretty quiet except for the Amazon burning.  I passed the tipping point long ago but I was slack jawed at the out and out lies.  Who the eff is in charge here???   Oh yeah.  Mitch.

The Senate needs need blood of all sides of the fence.  When you've got a bunch of old white guys stonewalling the House, nobody wins.  That's where compromise goes out the window.  

Carry on with faith ~

No comments:

Post a Comment