Wednesday, August 14, 2019

i need a keeper part 2

I had it drilled into my head that my diagnostic mammogram was Thursday morning.  I got home late yesterday, stayed up late and slept through exercise with the phone on mute.  To my surprise when I finally got up and on FB Shelly had messaged me to see if I was okay because I should have been there TODAY at 8.  I apologized and told her I would reschedule but she said nah....come on in.  I thought that was super customer friendly.  The news was good according to Dr. Thompson.  The lesion was scar tissue from a previous biopsy.  How's that for a a catch 22.  Anyway, I had errands to run and places to be.  

I met some friends for lunch who are of a common cause and as I walked by noticed my pastors and a church friend making plans for something or another.  A working lunch.  There was a lot of interaction between the tables there and it was a joy to be in the company of these smart women.  And one guy who got his tennis shoes stolen ;)

After that, more errands.  I'm literally meeting myself coming and going but that's okay.  I'm in training to take frequent self care breaks and quiet time.  That day doing nothing but gazing at the water yesterday did me a world of good. Very spiritual what with the wind chimes and glowing purple lights.  

The time is now to stand up for what you believe, whatever that may be.  I refuse to be a sheeple anymore.  If you don't like me or look down on me, I don't care.  At this point in life, I have nothing to lose.  I don't have to worry about losing my job for speaking out because I don't have one, so to speak.  I will not engage you with sensitive topics unless I know you well but I will also take no shit.  I guess that's the definition of a warrior.

Y'all be happy and healthy.  Today is the last Handmaid's Tale *sniff*.  Whatever shall I look forward to?   Oh yeah.  Trae and Stephen and Kristen and them.  Onward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment