Tuesday, August 6, 2019

the errand girl

Since retirement I have done a ton of odd jobs to make a little extra cash.  One of those is running errands for an old friend who is confined to a wheelchair.  He has a usual girl who comes by but she wasn't there yesterday so I was his go to.  Pickup at pharmacy, 3 things at the grocery store, the usual Commercial Appeal and change his bed.  I was careful to get the right kind of bread but didn't pay attention to the mayo that I grabbed.  Turns out it was mayo LIGHT which is pretty nasty.  So today I went to get him the real thing and another Commercial Appeal.  We take for granted our ability to get out and go when we want to.   He does not.

Lauren called me this morning with the news that not only does she have MRSA but somebody stole her rent money, most likely at work.  To whomever did this, a pox be upon you.  This young lady works hard for that money as a single mother in a low paying job.  Just watch out for karma.  It will bite you in the ass buddy.

More thoughts and prayers.  More condemnations of violence and blaming on mental illness.  Our Congress has the power to fix this situation yet they won't.  To me that just means they care more about the NRA money than we the people.  

I examined all the pecan trees on the way home and only found one with nuts.  I guess all those tassels fell off at the wrong time.  It's unusual to have two barren yearTs in a row.  Pecan crops are quite unpredictable.  There is a new one that is planted outside my bathroom window and I watched it thrive and host a red winged blackbird during spring and early summer.  And then the bird went away and the tree died.  I noticed today it's making a comeback of sorts.  

Please be kind and have empathy for others.  We are all in this together to find common ground and create a decent society.  ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment