Saturday, August 31, 2019

more fair

Things are ramping up at the Dyer County fairgrounds this weekend.  Entries in every category you can think of are being hauled out for judging.  There will be animals which I hope Reaves can interact with.  She's probably too little to ride but that's okay.  Several of us were sitting around our booth chatting when we spotted the other party working hard on their construction.  Always the rebel, I wandered over to have a chat with them.  I knew them all and even got a hug from one.  I'm not kidding when I say I believe in reaching across the aisle.

Looks like Lorna may be spared a direct hit by Dorian which is a blessing.  It will still be unsafe because of the King tide.  I listened to a 911 call today from a young lady who was running her paper route early morning and got stuck in floodwater in the dark.  She didn't see it coming until it was too late.  The dispatcher kept her on the line and questioned as to why she had driven into the water, yada yada.  The girl was frantic and knew she was dying slowly.  According to dispatch she was "legit freaking out."  Her car moved and she was found dead about an hour later.  It just so happened that this was the dispatcher's last shift at the end of a two week notice.  Girl.  If you're gonna' show up, do the job til the end.  People's lives are depending on you.

Lily has started biting me on the elbow when I'm on the computer because I'm ignoring her.  Right now her engine is running so I'm safe.   Dogs are asleep.  All is well in my world.

^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment