Saturday, December 12, 2020

sometimes i think "well"

And sometimes, I just don't know.  I am an up front honest "let's get it all out on the table" kind of girl.  I don't pretend to read minds though I have a pretty keen sense of where my boundaries are.  If I need to make an amend, I do it quickly because I don't want that shit sucking the life out of me.  Meet in the middle and move on.  I avoid confrontation at times, but only when the drama gets to be too much.  That being said, I find that a lot of folks are not at all like me.  I am a recovering co-dependent and have dealt with that most of my life.  A nurturing type with a strong survival instinct.  I have come to realize that relationships can be tricky and if there is not unconditional love and trust, I can't handle it.  

Moving on from amateur psychology 101, there are other things on the plate in front of me.  First on the list is finding an affordable and trusty vehicle.  Being six months out of a Chapter 13, that makes things hard.  I do have one advocate at a dealership that specializes in that and I plan to meet with her on Friday.  Baby steps.  

The spirit is moving folks.  Listen to your heart and soul and follow the joy that is living life to the fullest and helping others.  Take time to laugh and enjoy odd things.  I've gotten hooked on Brenda Gantt's cooking show.  I love her style and she reminds me of how my mama cooked....little bit of this and a little more of that.  You look for the texture to be right.  She and Trae Crowder and The Twins have been the highlights of my year.  

There is a new ME calendar just itching to get onto 2021.  It will come soon enough since the days just fly by.  I'll hang it on New Year's Day and it will bring me joy all year long.  It's the simple things that make me happy.

Peace and love ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment