Saturday, December 26, 2020

obstacles

They just keep popping up.  Following two days of heavy breakfast food that I'm not used to, I went to bed at 4:40 ON Christmas because I didn't feel well.  The nausea hit me about ten and I slept fitfully off and on waiting for the pain to pass and go to the diarrhea phase, which indeed it did.  That resulted in not one but two bag changes in the wee hours of the morning.  Before Medicare I was on auto re-order for supplies so now I have to do it myself, which is fine.  EXCEPT I now owe the provider about 800 bucks for the whole BC/BS fiasco.  I'm going to try and negotiate a payment plan to continue using them.  If not, I'll start over with another provider.  Medicare part B is supposed to cover the entire cost but the problem was that insurance snafu I didn't find out about until July.  Had I known I could have kept the policy following the appeal, I would have paid the 300 per month.  Only none of this was resolved until July and by then the 300 that I didn't know about had increased to 2000 which I also could not pay.  Soooo....all those bills are now coming back on me.  I'm sure the ACA is a wonderful thing for a lot of folks but I sure have had trouble with them this year.  

To be totally honest, I had no idea what was going on for those first couple of months.  It was all I could do to maintain at home with some guidance from an agency, which also did not get paid.  Surely there is a clause somewhere that covers two months of blackout following a medical emergency.  Let us pray on that one.

Reaves had a large time and I got to a video of her waking up to Santa which was almost like being there.  The last picture I saw was of her passed out on the couch following a very long day.  She makes my heart smile really big.

I am choosing to give all this money stuff to God.  All I can do is try to keep up and do the next right thing.  Sorry to be a bummer today.  The stomach bug tends to do that to a girl!  Peace and love to all ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment