Friday, December 25, 2020

christmas present

A friend shared her personal miracle for Christmas Eve.  A friend of HER friend had posted a desire to help out someone in need with gifts and what not.  Friend #1 let recipient know that Santa would be there at 8PM.  At the appointed time a youngish brother and sister arrived with a Bible, some cash, and several kid presents.  I cried when she told me the story.  And this young duo traveled a loooong way to pull it off.  Ain't God good?  Thank God from whom all blessings flow.

Bubba and I were eating breakfast at Huddle House this morning which is our new tradition.  We then hauled Mama's bed down to the cabin and put it together.  Neither of us had a tape measure on us so I'm going to start keeping one in the badass car.  My friend was visiting yesterday and noticed the booster cables laying on the kitchen floor.  "Don't leave home without 'em" he said and he promptly found a place to store them.  I am truly blessed having so many folks to help me out.  Lauren dropped by for a minute and unmuted Netflix for me thank goodness.  I could use a full time keeper but dangit, I try.  

While we were eating breakfast we watched the drama of the downtown Nashville explosion developing.  From what I've read, a few shots were fired, evidently to lure police down there.  The responding officers thought the RV looked suspicious and called bomb squad backup.  Before they arrived the whole thing blew up and took out everything around it.  Fortunately, nobody was killed.  Had this been any random evening at this spot, there would have been a lot of carnage.  It was definitely planned to draw a lot of attention on a peaceful Christmas morning.  *sigh*

Yet all is well, all is bright.  Merry Christmas to you and your mama'n'them.  And Happy Birthday baby Jesus ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment