Saturday, December 14, 2019

'tis the season

And not just for decking the halls.  Flu is rampant and I'll be lucky if I don't get it because I've been exposed to both A and B.  I got out this morning to pay my respects to an old family friend and visit briefly with his tribe.  And then of course I had to get my Stella fix for the day.  She was all laid out in the office with Ann and David waiting for a belly rub.  

I went to Kroger after that and after I loaded my car and returned the cart some random elderly man approached me to say thanks for putting the cart where it goes.  This turned into a long tale from way back when and I wished him a Merry Christmas.  He was full of the season!  That kind of thing makes my day.  I dropped my last five dollar bill in the Salvation Army bucket on the way in.  Members of my church are ringing today.

One thing that really bothers me is to see stores throw away perfectly good cooked food that could be used at a shelter.  I have asked before why they don't do this, and it's a corporate no no.  Whatever.  Dump that fresh food in the garbage when people are starving.  Makes sense, right?

I just read that over 170 members of Congress voted against lowering prescription drug prices.  Wonder whose pocket they're in?  It doesn't take much to figure out.

Lauren and Reaves both have Flu B.  Lauren had wrapped a few things to make it "pretty" under the tree and of course Reaves opened every one of them.  Got her first Barbie!

Y'all be merry and bright ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment