Sunday, December 1, 2019

hope

I missed All Saint's Day at church and when I showed up today it was the first Sunday of Advent complete with communion.  I sat down front as usual with the cousins.  My dear friend PL showed up late wearing a sweatshirt with today's message.  Who among us has not felt hopeless?  The season of Advent is about waiting patiently for the baby in the manger.  I went to lunch with friends afterward and it was a lot of fun to be literally breaking bread with fellow believers.  

Lauren and Reaves rolled in shortly after and we had a nice visit as usual.  I let them open an early present which was the last of mama's Christmas village houses.  Of course the light didn't work!  Reaves picked pecans from the office stash and put them in various containers, giggling all the way.  Being Gaga is way fun.

Being hopeful?   That's a lifeline ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment