Tuesday, December 10, 2019

facebookland

That is what my friend Pax calls this wonderful tool of communication within an online community.  Of my 1500 friends I probably know 500 personally.  Many of them have been my friends since I started blogging all those years ago and though we've never met, we know each other because the internet don't lie if you're telling the truth.  

Once of those old friends hasn't been around for awhile and I thought of her today while watching PTT by Kristen.  Lois is a hoot and even did some time at second city.  My favorite roving reporter piece was on a turkey testicle festival.  UCMTSU. That's the kind of comedy that I like.  Happy shit, stupid shit, satire and if you don't get the satire just move along.  Kristen Hampton makes me LOL.  So do Trae Crowder, Stephen Colbert and everybody on SNL from season 1. Amy Schumer. Wanda Sykes.  On and on, they make me laugh.  

Most of them do not use "cursies" in their routine with Trae being an obvious exception.  It's part of his character y'all.  Rednecks cuss whether they're liberal or not.  His act is satirical and heavily influenced by politics like with Colbert.  I eat that kind of stuff up.  What I admire most about them is that they are positive people.  They look for ways to urge people to be nice and understanding and otherwise not so holier than thou.  

I am not watching any more impeachment crap.  Call me when it's over and we'll all hold hands and sing kumbaya.  We could probably burn some sage and light candles for a spiritual transformation to sanity.  

Peace and love ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment