Sunday, December 8, 2019

peace

Today the second  candle got lit.  We sang traditional carols and soaked up Advent as a joyous congregation.  I sat with Delores the stylish one and Hubert the usher.  My friends Will and Mary Beth brought the message through scripture and sermon.  Waiting is the theme.  For the birth of our Lord as an outcast in a barn.  The scripture included warnings and baptisms by John of honey and locusts and camel hair.  Prepare the way of the Lord, was his message.  Indeed.

As a hippie I have always embraced peace at all costs and was even there when the sign went up.  I have one hanging in my house made of copper.  To me the message is simple.  Just let it be.

We prayed today for our leaders all the way from local to POTUS.  For wisdom, clarity and an awareness of how many people are suffering.  Several young people have found their way to my kitchen table because I listen without judgement.  That's basically what therapy is.  Once the story is told, the power of that grief is gone.  Usually it is in response to not feeling "good enough" that people go off the rails.  Loving unconditionally and without judgement is what these people need.  I need it too.

Like Pelosi, I do not hate Trump.  I believe he is unqualified to lead this country and a GOP packed Senate is fueling the fire.  Somebody needs to grow a pair and break ranks.  Like several.  

Eventually it will be over, one way or another.  I will perhaps be able to have conversations with folks who drank too much koolaid for my liking.  These are the ones who were so totally trollish that I had to unfriend or unfollow them.  When you put political opinions on FB, you figure out who these people are pretty quickly.   But.  In the words of the late great Billy Yates:  "This too shall pass."

No comments:

Post a Comment