Tuesday, December 24, 2019

merry crisis eve

I never would have thought ten years ago that I'd be not having to work the holidays.  Everybody else does it, and with a smile.  I have noticed that most businesses close early and observe Christmas day.  Except for Waffle House and gas stations.  Every one else is trying to cram ten family gatherings into one or two days.  OMG.  I really don't miss that part because there were so many of us kids and grandkids packed in that tiny little apartment on Christmas morn.  It was insane.  I think she eventually got rid of the aluminum tree with the rotating light.  That was some cool shit!

My friend Scotty fixed two of my mama's lamps for me and said "merry christmas."  They are still in the car by the way.  It is quite warm and this ham baking is heating up the place.  I may have to turn the air on.  Only in Tennessee.  T Lee was being a good daddy and rewiring his son's trailer.  The feral cat just stared at me like I was the devil.  Creepy.

Lilycat seems to be a bit sick which is worrisome when any animals hacks and throws up.  Thankfully hers are easier to clean up.  

It was on a Christmas eve long ago that I received a miracle in the mail.  One of my blog readers, evidently, was moved by my words and was financially well off enough to share the wealth with me at my poorest point.  That first thousand bucks was followed by two years of random surprises for me and to buy food.  I never found out who it was.  

Pay it forward things like that always help both the giver and the receiver.  I've never been financially solvent enough to give people money except for my kids.  Lauren is doing laundry right now and the world keeps on twirling.  

Be good.  He's still watching ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment