Friday, December 28, 2018

world weary

One of the things that I am acutely aware of with the elderly is that their perception of the world changes so dramatically. Little things that most of us ignore become paramount to them as their scope changes from the outside to being confined.  My parents had me and my brother running 24/7 the last five years they were alive.  I remember it well....things like Mama telling Ms Faye how to do what she was being paid to do.  Same thing every day and Mom eventually treated her like a servant.  She bit her tongue and did her job because she was so fond of Daddy and he was appreciative of the wonderful lunches she cooked.  That was the highlight of his day, home cooking. 

It's what happens when you get old and not long for this world.  Being around the elderly again has given me serious thought about how close I am to being there and wondering how I will be.  Hopefully by the time I become a total nuisance, I'll pass on over gently.  Being a caregiver takes a lot of patience and I lost mine many a time with my own parents.  Then I would feel guilty.  Mama was mad at the end and took it out on me because I was safe.  I'm glad we did what we did but thankful it's in the rear view.  I'm just now recovering from all that stress added to the job and my personal life.  That's why I'm just fine with solitude.  My prayer is that I don't lose my vision like so many do.  I would be a miserable blind person.

One of our local industries shut its' doors last week only to re-open.  I'm not sure what happened but yay for those 200 some odd folks who still have their jobs.  I just killed a mosquito so I assume the first round of freezing temps didn't kill them or they've hatched again.  After a day long rain there was a beautiful sunset that cast a pink glow over everything.  I tried to capture it but a phone cam wasn't adequate.  That's okay...I enjoyed it.  I haven't checked the news in a few hours so I don't know who's hating on whom at this point.  There are number or prospects for the Democratic presidential nomination and only one for the GOP.  If I were a member of that party I would suggest starting a head hunt for somebody that outclasses the Donald.  Shouldn't be hard.  

It makes me sad, indeed, that we are going through all of this.  John McCain stated the Iraq war was "a mistake" which I thought from the get go.  It is important to identify which wars are vital to national security and which ones are a power play.  I respect the people who have served since that war started but I don't think they were treated right.  Even moreso now that they're out.  I also thought we should not go into Syria like we did.  Not that I think ISIS is defeated like Trump, but because it was another conflict that was none of our business. Getting in the middle of civil wars that will never be won leaves our country at risk with homeland security  See,  I'm not a total Obama slave.  It's called critical thinking.  

Y'all be happy and seize the moment as if it were your last ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment